Cookies, or other similar tracking devices, are data used by a server to send status information to a user's browser, and by that browser to return status information to the originating server
Status information can be, for example, a session ID, language, expiration date, response domain, etc.
Cookies are used to store status information during their lifetime when a browser accesses different pages of a website or when the browser subsequently returns to that website.
There are different types of cookies:
- session cookies that disappear as soon as you leave the browser or the site;
- permanent cookies that remain on your device until their lifetime expires or until you delete them using your browser features.
- OUR USE OF TRACERS
- Cookies strictly necessary to facilitate navigation on the Accor Heartist Solidarity Site by taking advantage of all its features and having vocation to:
- optimize the user experience and facilitate navigation, in particular by determining "technical routes" of navigation;
- retain the information according to which the Internet user has seen the "cookies" information banner displayed and has continued browsing, thereby consenting to the insertion of cookies on his or her terminal;
- implement security measures (for example, when you are asked to reconnect to content or a service after a certain period of time, or to ensure the basic operation of the Accor Heartist Solidarity Site and the use of its main technical features such as monitoring browsing performance and errors, user session management, etc.).
- Cookies of functionalities having vocation to:
- adapt the Accor Heartist Solidarity Site to your terminal's display preferences (language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configuration and settings for displaying web pages according to the terminal you use and its location, etc.);
- memorize certain information that you enter on the Accor Heartist Solidarity Site in order to facilitate and personalize your future browsing (in particular, display the surname and first name of the identified Internet user if he or she has a user account);
- Audience tracking cookies whose purpose is to improve user comfort by helping us understand your interactions with the Accor Heartist Solidarity Site (pages most visited, applications used, etc.); these cookies may be used to produce statistics or test different displays in order to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services.
- Social network cookies, placed by third parties, allowing you to share your opinion on the Accor Heartist Solidarity Site on social networks and to share content (e.g., "Share" or "Like" application buttons from social networks).
The social network applications present on the Accor Heartist Solidarity Site as mentioned above may in some cases allow the corresponding social networks to identify you, even if you have not clicked on the application buttons. Indeed, this type of button may allow the social network concerned to follow your navigation on the Accor Heartist Solidarity Site, simply because your account on the social network concerned is activated on your device (open session) during your navigation.
We recommend that you consult the policies of these social networks in order to be aware of the purposes of use, including advertising, of the browsing information they may collect. In particular, these policies should allow you to exercise your choices on these social networks, in particular by setting up your accounts for use on each of them.
2. ACCEPT, REJECT OR DELETE TRACERS
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. Also, during your first visit to the Accor Heartist Solidarity Site, you will be asked whether you accept the installation of this type of cookie, which will be activated only after your acceptance.
You may at any time reconsider your choice using the following options to delete cookies and other trackers.
a. Your browser settings
If most browsers are set by default to accept the installation of cookies, you have the possibility, if you wish, to choose to accept all cookies or to reject them systematically or to choose which ones you accept depending on their originators.
You can also set your browser to accept or reject cookies on a case-by-case basis before they are installed. You can also regularly delete cookies from your terminal via your browser. Don't forget to configure all the browsers of your various devices (tablets, smartphones, computers, etc.).
For the management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will tell you how to change your cookie preferences. As an example:
Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies ;
Safari™: http://www.apple.com/fr/privacy/use-of-cookies ;
Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647 ;
Firefox™: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies ;
b. Cookie management using your browser extension
There are many simple and free programs that can be added to your browser to allow you to block and manage all types of cookies and trackers.
You will find some examples below:
- DoNotTrackMe : https://abine.com/donottrackme.html
- Disconnect : https://disconnect.me
- Ghostery : https://www.ghostery.com/fr/
c. Refusal of tracers by purpose
It is also up to you to oppose the deposit of cookies according to their purpose.
If you wish to modify your parameters relating to the deposit of analysis/performance Cookies, we invite you to go directly to the site(s) dedicated to measuring the audience of our Site, such as Google Analytics (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=fr).
As explained above, you can exercise your choice regarding social network cookies, placed by third parties, by going directly to the pages of these networks, such as Facebook (https://m.facebook.com/policies/cookies/) or Twitter (https://help.twitter.com/fr/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies).
The recording of a cookie in your device is essentially subject to your will, which you can express and modify at any time and free of charge through the choices offered to you by your browser software.
If your browser is set to accept cookies in your terminal, the cookies embedded in the pages and content that you have consulted may be temporarily stored in a dedicated area of your terminal. They will only be readable by their senders.
The lifespan of the Cookies is in accordance with the regulations in force and may not exceed 13 months.